Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pasta with Brie and fresh tomatoes

Today we served plain pasta or pasta with brie and fresh tomatoes. Pine nuts were an option and because of nut allergies these were sprinkled on top versus mixed into the pasta dish.
  It has  been a first week full of favorites.  So many students remembering their favorites from last year.
The peaches that I have been getting from the farmers market are DELICIOUS.  The varieties are new every week and I learned from a farmer that not all peaches are orange colored, some are white fleshed.
I am so thrilled to be able to buy fresh produce for the McGillis lunch program. The prices are great and the taste is amazing.  Its so nice to buy locally while we can. So many of the farmers are happy to see me and even save cases of produce for me to buy because they like that kids are trying their produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment