Tuesday, November 27, 2012

turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches

So once again I did not get a picture. The sandwiches were all eaten. Turkey bacon is very lean and the students love it.    We  try to serve lean meats and everything is baked and never fried.

I have had many conversations lately about the national school lunch program and the hard work of Michelle Obama to change what our children eat.  What important work it is.  I think it is so vital to the health of our nations children to make a healthy lunch part of every child's day.  Here at McGillis we try so hard to serve fresh healthy food.  Most importantly that food must taste good as well or it will go straight to the trash.
 Please know that I put a lot of energy and thought into the food that is served to your children. Please feel free to stop by and chat with me if you have questions or concerns.
The main reason that I do this blog is so that you might have a clear picture and description of what your child was offered at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment